The inner two meninges, the arachnoid and the pia mater, between which circulates the cerebrospinal fluid.
- Arachnoid and pia are also called leptomeninges (thin membranes).
- Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.
- Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.
- Example sentences
- Therefore, an MRI of the brain was performed, which demonstrated a small mass lesion in the left medial temporal lobe and suspicious leptomeningeal enhancement over both parietal regions.
- Tumor infiltration of leptomeningeal veins, cranial nerves, and spinal roots was also noted.
- Dural, leptomeningeal, or ependymal enhancement are typical findings, none of which were present in this patient.
Definition of leptomeninges in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.