A subatomic particle, such as an electron, muon, or neutrino, which does not take part in the strong interaction.
- Like quarks and leptons, the Higgs particle also derives its mass from coupling to the Higgs condensate.
- There are small subatomic particles called leptons.
- Finally, the EM force acts on electrically charged particles: charged leptons (like electrons), and charged force carriers.
- Example sentences
- No observation of leptonic decays of D-mesons has yet been reported, owing to the smaller branching fraction.
- This colour quantum number is additional to leptonic flavour which distinguishes neutrinos from charged leptons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan