- A quantum number assigned to subatomic particles that is ±1 for leptons and 0 for other particles and is conserved in all known interactions.More example sentences
- When you add the appropriate baryon and lepton numbers and know the beginning charge of both particles, all three of these numbers must be equal before and after the reaction.
- In any reaction between particles, anti or normal, the baryon and lepton numbers must be conserved.
- It is also possible to compute the average baryon and lepton numbers at finite temperatures and in the relativistic domain.
More definitions of lepton numberDefinition of lepton number in:
- The US English dictionary