- A person who leases or lets a property to another; a landlord: lessors and their solicitors discussed tactics for dealing with the lesseesMore example sentences
- If the covenant has the meaning suggested by the lessees, the lessors are liable for breach of the implied covenant.
- In addition the scheme provided for relief for owner-occupier or lessors of residential property.
- For a very brief time, both the lessor and the lessee were one and the same person.
late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French, from Old French lesser 'let, leave'.
More definitions of lessorDefinition of lessor in:
- The US English dictionary