- He was particularly upset with police lethargy and lack of enough vehicles for night patrolling.
- Pardon my lethargy and lack of imagination as I continue my romp through our holiday snaps.
- A good breakfast is important for refilling our energy stores, keeping lethargy at bay during the morning hours.
- Some of the other side effects of the strong pain medications include confusion, lethargy and sleepiness.
- Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, lethargy and indifference.
- Monitor for clinical symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, lethargy, edema, jaundice, and seizure breakthrough.
Late Middle English: via Old French from late Latin lethargia, from Greek lēthargia, from lēthargos 'forgetful', from the base of lanthanesthai 'forget'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: leth|argy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.