Definition of leucopenia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A reduction in the number of white cells in the blood, typical of various diseases.
- Instruct patients about potential symptoms of leukopenia and liver disease.
- The hallmark laboratory features of the disease include leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and elevated liver transaminases.
- With Lazarus, he published a book that dealt with normal blood and the appearance of blood cells in various pathologic states, including leukocytosis, leukopenia, leukemia, and anemia.
late 19th century: from Greek leukos 'white' + penia 'poverty'.
- Example sentences
- Similarly, the WBC of leukopenic specimens tended to increase from day 5 onward, whereas the opposite was true, although minimally so, from day 4 onward for specimens with high initial counts.
- In contrast, the changes in the WBC of leukopenic specimens, as observed from day 5 onward in particular, are less than desirable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan