noun[mass noun] Law
- The law of the country in which an action is brought.More example sentences
- It is clear that the ordinary rule in tort is that the law of the place where the action is being brought - the lex fori - is the law to be applied.
- If a court within the Community is applied to despite such an agreement, its decision on the validity of the agreement depriving it of jurisdiction must be taken in accordance with its own lex fori.
- The way we put it, your Honour, lex fori is one of the choices.
Latin, 'law of the court'.
More definitions of lex foriDefinition of lex fori in:
- The US English dictionary