noun[mass noun] Law
- The law of the country in which a transaction is performed, a tort is committed, or a property is situated.More example sentences
- The law to be applied to a tort is the lex loci delicti, or law of the place where the activity occurred.
- When one looks at the lex loci delicti of this tort that occurred on the high seas, one says, ‘What is the law applying to the place of this tort?’
- If one assumes that it is the lex loci delicti comisi, the question then arises: what law is there on the high seas?
Latin, 'law of the place'.
More definitions of lex lociDefinition of lex loci in:
- The US English dictionary