- A basic lexical unit of a language consisting of one word or several words, the elements of which do not separately convey the meaning of the whole.More example sentences
- On this account, the word based theories posit that lexical relations in Semitic languages are linked to derivations involving lexemes and morphemes.
- Linguists might call the monster on the ice-floes a floating signifier, a lexeme whose meaning varies contextually.
- The resulting semantico-functional variant of a lexeme performs a different function in speech.
More definitions of lexemeDefinition of lexeme in:
- The US English dictionary