- The study of the form, meaning, and behaviour of words.More example sentences
- Living dialects were seen to furnish a huge treasury of living data on phonology, lexicology, and other features of language that written texts could not furnish.
- More example sentences
- The standpoint of this comparative study is basically lexicological and sociolinguistic.
- The whole is quite representative of one of the French lexicological currents in the period considered.
- Though I would disagree with the term ‘overly rational’ for the same reason that ‘overly terminal’ would offend my idea of lexicological propriety, I cannot imagine ever excluding the possible existence of more than five senses.
More definitions of lexicologyDefinition of lexicology in:
- The US English dictionary