noun (plural same)
A plant of a genus which includes the blazing stars of the daisy family.
- Genus Liatris, family Compositae
More example sentences
- The same situation may be observed in such herbaceous perennials as anthemis, Asclepias tuberosa, asters, Euphorbia corollata, gaillardia, gypsophila, hemerocallis, liatris, limonium and yucca.
- Some of the preferred, easy-to-grow nectar plants are: aster, black-eyed Susan, butterfly bush, butterfly weed, cosmos, goldenrod, lantana, lavender, liatris, marigold, purple coneflower, and zinnia.
- Snow-white peonies come into bloom in May, and pale daylilies, white liatris, and white Japanese anemones take turns through the summer and fall.
modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Definition of liatris in:
- The US English dictionary