(US also libelous)
Definition of libellous in English:
Containing or constituting a libel: a libellous newspaper story
More example sentences
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- These damages are measured by how much the libelous statements lower the plaintiff's reputation.
- The claimant cannot select apparently libellous statements if the passage taken as a whole is not defamatory.
- Example sentences
- I asked my father if I could put the previous post up, as he and my mother are slandered libellously.
- Various characters, good and bad, from high life and low (many of whom were libellously identified with characters of the day), covet and become corrupted by the golden coin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan