noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- The granting of a licence, especially to carry out a trade or profession.More example sentences
- Permits may be issued in certain professions where an applicant for licensure meets specific requirements.
- A licensure examination tests more than technical knowledge, although that is a large part of it.
- The current licensure processing time is approximately 4-8 weeks from the date the complete application packet is received.
More definitions of licensureDefinition of licensure in:
- The US English dictionary