- A person who behaves obsequiously to those in power: he is a lickspittle for the EstablishmentMore example sentences
- A government that began with a Commons majority of 179 behaved in a lickspittle fashion towards its natural enemies.
- But last year the public outcry about these dirty deeds finally reached critical mass, shaming the drug companies' Washington lickspittles into looking at their shoes when their longtime patrons came calling for favors.
- Blogs, talk-radio and cable have exposed them lickspittles by forcing them into open conflict on ideas and facts.
More definitions of lickspittleDefinition of lickspittle in:
- The US English dictionary