nounMedicine , chiefly North American
- another term for lignocaine.More example sentences
- Two days after admission, the lidocaine and erythromycin were discontinued and a transvenous pacemaker was positioned in the right ventricular apex.
- An injectable solution of 1 percent lidocaine or 1 percent procaine is usually used.
- The surgeon, therefore, suggested that the nurse add epinephrine to the plain lidocaine rather than waiting for the medication to be ordered and arrive from the pharmacy.
1940s: from (acetani)lid(e) + -caine (from cocaine).
More definitions of lidocaineDefinition of lidocaine in:
- The US English dictionary