noun (plural lieder /ˈliːdə/)
- A type of German song, especially of the Romantic period, typically for solo voice with piano accompaniment.More example sentences
- He has also written a significant number of lieder and song cycles which are significantly under-represented in the current CD catalogue.
- As if to foreshadow the war to come, he recorded two of the most popular German lieder that month - Schubert's Serenade and Brahms's Lullaby.
- After a historical introduction to the orchestral instruments, Plotkin explores the literature for the symphonic form, piano, orchestral instruments, lieder and vocal music, and choral music.
from German Lied.
More definitions of liedDefinition of lied in:
- The US English dictionary