- The acting or deputy governor of a state or province, under a governor or Governor General.More example sentences
- The island is a crown possession with wide independent powers under a lieutenant governor.
- As a primer on Canada's constitutional monarchy explains, the governor-general and the provincial lieutenant governors ‘are constitutional fire extinguishers with a potent mixture of powers for use in great emergencies.’
- It is self-governing with a locally elected governor, lieutenant governor, and bicameral legislature.
More definitions of lieutenant governorDefinition of lieutenant governor in:
- The US English dictionary