The sciences concerned with the study of living organisms, including biology, botany, zoology, microbiology, physiology, biochemistry, and related subjects. Often contrasted with physical sciences.
- And physicists enjoy careers in engineering, chemistry, life sciences, and Earth sciences.
- First, the number of women studying medicine and life sciences in postgraduate programs has risen significantly.
- The life sciences and related technology, such as genetic engineering, could lead to better careers in the near future.
life scientist noun
- Example sentences
- Or, there are those that are written by one or another life scientist: a neuroscientist or biologist or animal behaviourist or evolutionary theorist, anxious to tell that science has shown that we are all one thing or another.
- She is expected to take office in early December, and will be the first woman and first life scientist to hold the post.
- What they found was shocking: the cult had recruited to its ranks a small number of chemical engineers and life scientists who were at work developing and testing chemical and biological weapons.
Definition of life sciences in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.