Definition of life sciences in English:
The sciences concerned with the study of living organisms, including biology, botany, zoology, microbiology, physiology, biochemistry, and related subjects. Often contrasted with physical sciences.
- And physicists enjoy careers in engineering, chemistry, life sciences, and Earth sciences.
- First, the number of women studying medicine and life sciences in postgraduate programs has risen significantly.
- The life sciences and related technology, such as genetic engineering, could lead to better careers in the near future.
life scientist noun
- Example sentences
- Or, there are those that are written by one or another life scientist: a neuroscientist or biologist or animal behaviourist or evolutionary theorist, anxious to tell that science has shown that we are all one thing or another.
- She is expected to take office in early December, and will be the first woman and first life scientist to hold the post.
- What they found was shocking: the cult had recruited to its ranks a small number of chemical engineers and life scientists who were at work developing and testing chemical and biological weapons.
Definition of life sciences in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan