- A ring of buoyant or inflatable material used to help a person who has fallen into water to stay afloat.More example sentences
- The men had no radio, lifejackets or lifebelts, and had been unable to abandon ship or attract attention to their plight.
- As well as climbing on sand stockpiles, children have also been seen around the quarry's lagoons and have thrown lifebelts into the water.
- While in the water he removed his lifebelt and tied it around one of the nurses and helped her stay afloat until they were rescued by British and French ships.
More definitions of lifebeltDefinition of lifebelt in:
- The US English dictionary