- A buoyant support such as a lifebelt for keeping a person afloat in water.More example sentences
- Apart from the need for lifebuoys, the water safety report highlighted a number of hazards along the river.
- In the inquiry report the Captain was criticised for failing to set up a proper lookout and for failing to deploy his vessel's lifebuoys and life raft.
- Elsewhere the Committee Secretary has contacted the Irish Water Safety Association to establish the number of lifebuoys needed and where they should be located.
More definitions of lifebuoyDefinition of lifebuoy in:
- The US English dictionary