- Very similar to the person or thing represented: the artist had etched a lifelike horseMore example sentences
- Another act of remembrance was the commissioning of detailed, lifelike, and convincing portraits of their ancestors.
- It's a very accurate and lifelike representation, and it belies its shoestring budget.
- He seems mostly to be running (he was one of the most hunted) and his curved horns are often detailed with lifelike ribbing.
- More example sentences
- Chekhov wrote The Steppe, appropriately the first tale in this volume, when he was 28, and it is a kind of manifesto of Chekhovian lifelikeness.
- He wrote that early photographs struck viewers as familiar (like drawings), but also as strange in their ‘mirror-like detail’, their lifelikeness.
- The creation of a lifelikeness in art (a human-made ‘look-alike’) is perceived as a distraction that may jeopardize this relationship, causing the heavenly double to withdraw its spiritual protection.