- A glass bulb inserted into a lamp or a socket in a ceiling, which provides light by passing an electric current through a filament or a pocket of inert gas: the watchman switched on an electric light bulbMore example sentences
- The British Courts stood by their patent award for the light bulb to Swan, and Edison lost the suit.
- Although this is optional, I highly recommend it because this helps make the light bulb less fragile.
- Incandescent and halogen light bulbs can fade colors if they are very close to the light source.
More definitions of light bulbDefinition of light bulb in:
- The US English dictionary