- 1The lowest weight in amateur boxing, ranging up to 48 kg.More example sentences
- The United States boxing team arrived in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, July 15 and has settled into the athletes’ village for a short acclimation camp before opening competition on Friday, June 20 with first round bouts in the light flyweight, bantamweight, lightweight, welterweight, and light heavyweight divisions.
- He made sure he exacted vengeance in the rematch to take home the World Boxing Organization Asia-Pacific light flyweight belt this time.
- In the light flyweight division, it was a battle between last year's champions.
- 1.1 [count noun] A light flyweight boxer.More example sentences
- On the down side, in this centennial year Panama won't get to see which of its two outstanding light flyweights is really better.
- However, on the undercard, two power punching light flyweights will battle for the IBF version of the crown.
- Duncanville's Luis Yanez, who recently won a gold medal at the Pan American Games, defeated Malcolm Franklin, 27-12, in a matchup of light flyweights (106 pounds)
More definitions of light flyweightDefinition of light flyweight in:
- The US English dictionary