- 1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between middleweight and heavyweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 75 to 81 kg. Also called cruiserweight.More example sentences
- On April 22, 1903, Root defeated Charles ‘Kid’ McCoy to become the first light heavyweight champion, and the division has flourished ever since.
- 1.1 [count noun] A light heavyweight boxer or other competitor.More example sentences
- It also served as a haven for out of shape light heavyweights that could not longer make weight.
- Walcott fought a number of other light heavyweights and heavyweights.
- He has quickly built a national reputation as one of the most feared young light heavyweights in boxing.
More definitions of light heavyweightDefinition of light heavyweight in:
- The US English dictionary