Definition of light-minded in English:
Not having a serious attitude; frivolous: they thought him easy-going and light-minded
More example sentences
- This light-minded and cynical attitude of the ruling elite towards its own legal norms is an international phenomenon.
- The initial response in the media was to treat the conflict in a completely light-minded fashion.
- Even the intervention of the US Supreme Court was treated in a cynical and light-minded fashion, rather than as a turning point in American political history.
- Example sentences
- One can deplore his philosophical lightmindedness and still agree that he has to be included in the national pantheon.
- The relative light-mindedness with which the film deals with the events in question finds its artistic corollary in a plot with serious lapses in believability.
- In the commanding staff, the ignorance, light-mindedness and thievery of the ruling classes found their expression.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan