- An open area or vertical shaft in the centre of a building, typically roofed with glass, bringing natural light to the lower floors or basement.More example sentences
- Light and space is brought into the heart of the ground floor through light wells, glass walls and a common internal/external paving scheme.
- Natural light pours in through a mezzanine area with a light well that runs down from the attic and through the centre of the first floor landing.
- Natural light pours in from a large velux window set in the high ceiling, as well as a small light well at the centre of the room.
More definitions of light wellDefinition of light well in:
- The US English dictionary