1A weight in amateur boxing ranging from 60 to 63.5 kg.
- He may well move up to light welterweight, a tough division already populated by many other Britons as well as by world players.
- The vastly experienced Bulgarian has come down from light welterweight where he has won a good number of tournament medals.
- Maloney obviously thinks Roberts is going to be able to do quite a bit since he is touting him as one of the possible belt chances of the night in the light welterweight.
1.1 [count noun] A light welterweight boxer.
- I am going to target - and beat - the best light welterweights in the world.
- Another round closed and already people were scratching their head trying to figure out what it would take for Brodie to dent Chi, who looked near enough a light welterweight on the night.
- As his frame fills out he will find it increasingly hard to make the 10 stones required of a light welterweight.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: light wel¦ter|weight
Definition of light welterweight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.