Definition of light welterweight in English:
1A weight in amateur boxing ranging from 60 to 63.5 kg.
- He may well move up to light welterweight, a tough division already populated by many other Britons as well as by world players.
- The vastly experienced Bulgarian has come down from light welterweight where he has won a good number of tournament medals.
- Maloney obviously thinks Roberts is going to be able to do quite a bit since he is touting him as one of the possible belt chances of the night in the light welterweight.
1.1 [count noun] A light welterweight boxer.
- I am going to target - and beat - the best light welterweights in the world.
- Another round closed and already people were scratching their head trying to figure out what it would take for Brodie to dent Chi, who looked near enough a light welterweight on the night.
- As his frame fills out he will find it increasingly hard to make the 10 stones required of a light welterweight.
Definition of light welterweight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan