Definition of lightfast in English:
(Of a dye or pigment) not prone to discolour when exposed to light: colour it with a lightfast paint
More example sentences
- The Bisphenol A bischloroformate is then reacted with another chemical to produce a lightfast epoxy resin.
- I was wondering if anyone knows whether its nupastels are lightfast or not.
- Need the right expert in lightfast dye?
- 1lightfastness noun
- Example sentences
- When you've painted all the colors you want to test for lightfastness, cut the sheet in half.
- If a pigment has good lightfastness, it does not always mean that it has good weatherfastness
- This pigment identification project and a lightfastness standard can only lead to the increased recognition of this fine art medium.
Words that rhyme with lightfaststeadfast • holdfast
Definition of lightfast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.