Definition of lightfast in English:
(Of a dye or pigment) not prone to discolour when exposed to light: colour it with a lightfast paint
More example sentences
- The Bisphenol A bischloroformate is then reacted with another chemical to produce a lightfast epoxy resin.
- I was wondering if anyone knows whether its nupastels are lightfast or not.
- Need the right expert in lightfast dye?
- Example sentences
- When you've painted all the colors you want to test for lightfastness, cut the sheet in half.
- If a pigment has good lightfastness, it does not always mean that it has good weatherfastness
- This pigment identification project and a lightfastness standard can only lead to the increased recognition of this fine art medium.
Definition of lightfast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan