- Back outside, tiny Icelandic ponies were prancing around the ring, their riders holding aloft banners like some form of Lilliputian cavalry charge.
- Nonetheless, he was a giant in his times, and we need a few in today's Lilliputian scene.
- It was a radical move from a First Minister derided by many as a leader of Lilliputian vision.
- Until the contest with Blackburn is resumed, one of Scotland's two Goliaths will be back bossing the Lilliputians around.
- Footling left-wing Lilliputians have failed to contest this shift, occasionally making things worse.
- The terms of access to the U.S. market are now to be decided in Geneva by Lilliputians of the New World Order.
Early 18th century: from the imaginary country of Lilliput in Swift's Gulliver's Travels, inhabited by people 6 inches (15 cm) high, + -ian.
Words that rhyme with Lilliputianablution, absolution, allocution, attribution, circumlocution, circumvolution, Confucian, constitution, contribution, convolution, counter-revolution, destitution, dilution, diminution, distribution, electrocution, elocution, evolution, execution, institution, interlocution, irresolution, locution, perlocution, persecution, pollution, prosecution, prostitution, restitution, retribution, Rosicrucian, solution, substitution, volution
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Lil¦li|pu¦tian
Definition of Lilliputian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.