- Weak and cowardly: he hates lily-livered politicians and permissive judgesMore example sentences
- Apparently, we are not only procrastinators and malingerers but a bunch of lily-livered cowards because going to the dentist tops the list, followed by exercising and saving money.
- Every other western nation sees the US media as the meekest, most lily-livered, most unquestioning corporate leeches to call themselves journalists.
- The company commissioned research into consumer attitudes to new technology which showed that we are all a bunch of lily-livered, scaredy-cats when it comes to trying new gizmos.
More definitions of lily-liveredDefinition of lily-livered in:
- The US English dictionary