- A European plant of the lily family, with broad leaves and arching stems of fragrant white bell-shaped flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Convallaria, family Liliaceae
- Lady Tamara carried a bouquet of garden roses in white and pale cream, white jasmine stephanotis and lily of the valley with myrtle leaves.
- A folktale tells the story of a lily of the valley, a fragrant spring flower.
- In shady parts of the garden, lily of the valley, woodruff, bluebells and variegated honesty are in flower.
More definitions of lily of the valleyDefinition of lily of the valley in:
- The US English dictionary