noun[mass noun] British
- A hard white substance consisting chiefly of calcium carbonate, deposited by water on the inside of pipes, kettles, etc..More example sentences
- The Do It Yourself Network covers practicalities such as using vinegar in warm water to remove limescale, and the best way to paint the front door.
- But there has been a problem - the hard water in Wanganui means I have had severe limescale deposits.
- In the bathroom, clean the loo, sink and bath, in, out, up and over, as if the President herself might alight upon them at any time, and get rid of any limescale that will suggest hard water problems.
More definitions of limescaleDefinition of limescale in:
- The US English dictionary