- A mixture of lime and water used for coating walls.More example sentences
- The interior walls were painted in limewash to maintain an earthy, natural feel.
- You pour water over the quicklime, producing a vast amount of heat, noxious gases, etc, and when it's all stopped fermenting, slaked lime. Add some more water, and that's limewash.
- The pine plywood lining has been coated with limewash, to prevent it turning orange.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Apply limewash to (a surface or structure): (as adjective limewashed) limewashed cottagesMore example sentences
- You start off by protecting all surfaces not meant to be limewashed, including your own, since once it's on it won't come off again.
- The interior has a beach house feel, with fresh floral or checked cotton fabrics and streakily limewashed wooden furniture.
- Once it's all been limewashed it will look most remarkable, especially if I put a low-relief grotesque mask where he's got a simple keystone.