- A switch preventing the travel of an object in a mechanism past some predetermined point, mechanically operated by the motion of the object itself.More example sentences
- There are two conditions which may be causing unwanted operation of your furnace blower: The temperature limit switch may be turning on when temperatures are less than 150 degrees.
- It is equipped with a high-temperature limit switch that automatically turns the fireplace off if it exceeds a certain temperature.
- The problem with the crown stalling before it went up the incline was caused by a simple mechanically-operated limit switch triggered by the telemetry signal.
More definitions of limit switchDefinition of limit switch in:
- The US English dictionary