3An animal of a French breed of beef cattle.
- Entries have been particularly strong in the Limousin and Holstein cattle breeds and in the Texel and Suffolk sheep categories.
- In the beef section there are classes for Simmentals, shorthorns, Limousin, Charolais, Hereford, Belgian Blue and Parthenaise Cattle.
- Placed at reserve was Geoff Mellin, a retail butcher at Nelson, Lancashire, who keeps 15 Belgian Blues and Limousin breeding cattle for producing beef for sale in the shop.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Limousins or their dialect.
- Councillor Wilf Davison attended a meeting of the 30 towns twinned with communities in the Limousin region of France.
- It seems that he has been dumped with his uncles on a peasant homestead, with outside toilet, in the Limousin region of France, where things haven't changed since they burnt witches at the stake.
- The cinematography has been wildly overpraised, shot in high contrast black-and-white to remove all beauty and charm from the Limousin countryside.