A synthetic organochlorine insecticide, now generally restricted in use owing to its toxicity and persistence in the environment. Also called gamma-HCH.
- An isomer of benzene hexachloride; chemical formula: C6H12CI6
More example sentences
- Aldicarb, aldrin, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, lindane, mirex, PCBs, and toxaphene are present in all our country's ecosystems, animals, and humans.
- These pesticides include the insecticides methyl parathion, lindane and DDT.
- Insecticides used for seed treatments in crops include diazinon, lindane, imidacloprid, permethrin, chlorpyrifos, and tefluthrin.
1940s: named after Teunis van der Linden, 20th-century Dutch chemist.
Definition of lindane in:
- The US English dictionary