- Denoting a fish that has been caught with a rod and fishing line, not by trawling with a net: the smartest sushi bars only ever buy line-caught tunaMore example sentences
- First the fish counter: snow-white hake from Newlyn, line-caught wild sea bass from Dartmouth, River Fowey oysters and mussels from the River Fowey and some stunning local turbot.
- "Most of our fish is line-caught, or if trawled it is using Danish seine techniques and not beam or pair trawling," he said.
- Pan-fried fillet of line-caught halibut, hand rolled macaroni, sauteed wild mushrooms covered in a cappuccino and truffle essence is just one example of the taste sensations.
More definitions of line-caughtDefinition of line-caught in:
- The US English dictionary