- The integral, taken along a line, of any function that has a continuously varying value along that line.More example sentences
- A formula for the line integral of the geodesic curvature along a closed curve is known as the Gauss Bonnet theorem.
- To aid in the characterization of materials that exhibit multiple optical properties, Jones developed an approach by which a sample matrix may be generated from a line integral of differential elements.
- Perhaps the most famous example of this is Stokes' theorem in vector calculus, which allows us to convert line integrals into surface integrals and vice versa.
More definitions of line integralDefinition of line integral in:
- The US English dictionary