1 Rugby A formation of parallel lines of opposing forwards at right angles to the touchline when the ball is thrown in.
- The try-count of 3-1 does not reflect the performance of the Newbridge pack and their control of the scrum and line-outs in a good forward's performance.
- With such a formidable pack, introduce more 3rd row and forward play off line-outs, scrums and rucks and mauls.
- He provided his usual high-standard service in the line-out and was a powerhouse in the loose as well.
1.1An occasion when the ball is thrown in to a line-out.
- Quins' next try came when prop Lou Clancy took the ball on from a line-out and Avon's defence was broken, allowing scrum-half Saskia Brazier-Kobus to run through to score.
- The visitors started well and from a line-out the ball went to lock Craig Rika, who put centre Mark Billington over under the posts for a try in the third minute, fly half Mark Sales adding the conversion.
- The match's key moments were 6 minutes in when George Smith was penalised for offside as Lions drive forward from a line-out.
2An output socket in an electrical device.
- If you don't have one, simply loop a minijack cable between your line-out and line-in and you'll have decent quality audio with no DRM.
- Such a line-out jack requires you to buy expensive $50 fibre optic cables with two differently shaped ends, or an adaptor plug that will connect to common speaker wires.
- The only glaring problem is that all the connectors like Firewire, line-out and USB drives are located on the rear right of the iMac.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.