Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of line work in English:
1Drawings or designs carried out with a pen or pencil, as opposed to wash or similar techniques.
- The primary technique of chemical etching will be used to create line work and aquatint effects, in addition to various drypoint options.
- Visually, his art is specifically stylized, with thin line work and meticulous attention to detail.
- Her line work is enriched by the wetness of the mud, which is applied with sensitivity and refinement.
2Work on lines, especially as a lineman or a production-line worker.
- She has likened literary fiction to ‘craft’ and popular fiction to ‘production line work.’
- The unskilled labor scale consisted of 6 items: driving a delivery truck, providing home health care, construction work, assembly line work, cooking, and manual labor.
- But in fact, such reassignments relieve the monotony of line work and prevent people from being pigeonholed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.