Entry from US English dictionary
1Drawings or designs carried out with a pen or pencil, as opposed to wash or similar techniques.
- The primary technique of chemical etching will be used to create line work and aquatint effects, in addition to various drypoint options.
- Visually, his art is specifically stylized, with thin line work and meticulous attention to detail.
- Her line work is enriched by the wetness of the mud, which is applied with sensitivity and refinement.
2Work on lines, especially as a lineman or a production-line worker.
- Such reassignments relieve the monotony of line work and prevent people from being pigeonholed.
- I instead put one of the more dependable guys in charge of the line work, and gave him the two-way radio.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: line work
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.