- A type of perspective used by artists, in which the relative size, shape, and position of objects is determined by drawn or imagined lines converging at a point on the horizon.More example sentences
- Most remarkable is the empirical and experimental approach to pictorial space, which Fouquet approaches with an optical intelligence of a kind unparalleled until Leonardo's deconstruction of linear perspective later in the century.
- The relation between rilievo and linear perspective is particularly relevant here, because it directly impinges on Wohl's thesis that Renaissance artists and writers saw paintings above all in terms of decorated surfaces.
- It represents an important moment in the sequence of events which would ultimately lead to the repudiation of the greatest triumph of renaissance art, namely the discovery of linear perspective.
More definitions of linear perspectiveDefinition of linear perspective in:
- The US English dictionary