- Small pieces of pasta in the form of narrow ribbons.More example sentences
- Be won over by his pressed terrine of corn-fed chicken, scallops, risotto, sea bream with linguine and fishcakes with a chive beurre blanc.
- I had the linguine pasta, which came with a complex rather than punchy tomato sauce, tender olives, cheese shavings and just two slivers of sausage.
- The rice noodles used in this recipe are widely available, or can be substituted with semolina linguine pasta.
Italian, plural of linguina, diminutive of lingua 'tongue'.
More definitions of linguineDefinition of linguine in:
- The US English dictionary