- An embrocation for rubbing on the body to relieve pain, especially one made with oil.More example sentences
- One popular therapy at this time (which continues today in China) was the combination of anmo with herbal ointments, liniments and salves derived from the Chinese materia medica.
- His mother's liniment was prime stuff, and allowed him to move the limb often enough to keep the kinks worked out.
- Oil of wintergreen, also known as methyl salicylate, is a time-honored rub or liniment used for sprains, strains, aches, pains and arthritis.
late Middle English: from late Latin linimentum, from Latin linire 'to smear'.
More definitions of linimentDefinition of liniment in:
- The US English dictionary