Definition of linish in English:
verb[with object] technical
Polish or remove excess material from (something) by contact with an abrasive moving belt: after mitring, the tube is cleaned, degreased, and then linished
More example sentences
- It has been engraved with personalised, white paint filled, and then linished for a clean finish.
- The component mounting surfaces are machined, generally linished and remain uncoated.
- The surface of a sheet of steel was degreased and linished, and then a slurry was sprayed onto it.
- linisher noun
- Example sentences
- The better linishers have interchangeable bits for specific tasks, and are quite amazing machines.
- Now it is back to the linisher to sand the pin down till it is completely flush with the sides of the plane.
- Angle grinders, linishers, a punch press and a powder-coating booth create most of the noise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.