Definition of linish in English:
verb[with object] technical
Polish or remove excess material from (something) by contact with an abrasive moving belt: after mitring, the tube is cleaned, degreased, and then linished
More example sentences
- It has been engraved with personalised, white paint filled, and then linished for a clean finish.
- The component mounting surfaces are machined, generally linished and remain uncoated.
- The surface of a sheet of steel was degreased and linished, and then a slurry was sprayed onto it.
- Example sentences
- The better linishers have interchangeable bits for specific tasks, and are quite amazing machines.
- Now it is back to the linisher to sand the pin down till it is completely flush with the sides of the plane.
- Angle grinders, linishers, a punch press and a powder-coating booth create most of the noise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan