Definition of linkman in English:
noun (plural linkmen)British
1A person serving as a connection between groups of people: he was their linkman with the local drug community
More example sentences
- The former CIA Head of Station in Peru, believed to have been the linkman for the agency with Montesinos, has also refused to testify in a Peruvian court.
- Being such a linkman endowed Zhou with the privilege of freely passing through the pits and team buildings and exploring the inner organization of the team.
- After all, as the British government's linkman he also helped to arm them, but that is another and much less edifying story.
1.1A person providing continuity between items in a radio or television programme or between such programmes.
- Gary is now a BBC Television linkman and will be at the World Cup 2006 in Germany.
- He proved himself a competent linkman throughout the evening, providing the right blend of humour and strong Neil Diamond style vocals between the acts.
- Much of the credit goes to his new caddie, BBC linkman Dougie Donnelly.