noun[mass noun] Scottish
- Level or undulating sandy ground covered by coarse grass and near the sea.More example sentences
- Shaped by one of the few men to be trusted with the last precious piece of bona fide linksland in Scotland, it is truly beautiful.
- The best linksland, by contrast, is sand-based with towering dunes and endless slopes.
- Perched on true linksland a hundred feet above the Pacific, Bandon Dunes and its sister, Pacific Dunes, captured our Best New honors in '99 and '01.
More definitions of linkslandDefinition of linksland in:
- The US English dictionary