noun (plural linos)chiefly British
- informal term for linoleum. [as modifier]: a decorative lino floorMore example sentences
- The company's 300 stores are being revamped too with the old-fashioned lino floors making way for sanded wood and white-painted walls.
- Inside: three plastic chairs and a fruit machine on a lino floor pock-marked with cigarettes burns.
- The wooden panelling from the ship and even the lino floor covering was removed in those austere post-war days and taken back to Pewsey to be re-used.
More definitions of linoDefinition of lino in:
- The US English dictionary