Definition of linocut in English:
1A design or form carved in relief on a block of linoleum.
- In part one of this article the basic printmaking techniques relief printing and intaglio printing were discussed and the relief techniques woodcut, wood engraving and linocut were introduced.
- He continued to create woodcuts, etchings and linocuts.
- This process involves etching, engraving, dry point, aquatint, mezzotint, linocut and wood block.
1.1A print made from a linocut block.
- His very first print, a linocut, made in the same year, Spiral Motif was one of the earliest of his abstract forms and recurred throughout his career.
- By the time he died in 1973 he had produced a substantial body of original etchings, lithographs and linocuts, which rank with the greatest prints of the 20th Century.
- He offers a series of large, velvet-like linocuts, printed with precision.
Definition of linocut in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.