Definition of linocut in English:
1A design or form carved in relief on a block of linoleum.
- In part one of this article the basic printmaking techniques relief printing and intaglio printing were discussed and the relief techniques woodcut, wood engraving and linocut were introduced.
- He continued to create woodcuts, etchings and linocuts.
- This process involves etching, engraving, dry point, aquatint, mezzotint, linocut and wood block.
1.1A print made from a linocut block.
- His very first print, a linocut, made in the same year, Spiral Motif was one of the earliest of his abstract forms and recurred throughout his career.
- By the time he died in 1973 he had produced a substantial body of original etchings, lithographs and linocuts, which rank with the greatest prints of the 20th Century.
- He offers a series of large, velvet-like linocuts, printed with precision.
Definition of linocut in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan