Definition of lionhearted in English:
Brave and determined: a brilliant, lionhearted second-half comeback
More example sentences
- But the other side of the coin is that there is no more committed, lionhearted, or determined a player in the game today, and when push comes to shove - as it will on Sunday - expect Captain Fantastic to take centre stage.
- Well done to the gallant band of Waterford men who gave such a lionhearted display of hurling on Sunday last in Thurles.
- He picked up a double injury to his neck and leg, but like the lionhearted player he is, he played on.
- Example sentences
- Superstitious supporters are digging around in dusty cupboards and drawers looking for charms that could give our lionhearts a competitive edge as they prepare to face the flamboyant South Americans.
- Half of Twickenham - and much of the wider game - saluted the old lionheart on his retirement.
- He is no ball-winner, no lionheart in the tackle, but he covers space and channels back as part of his duty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.