Brave and determined: a brilliant, lionhearted second-half comeback
More example sentences
- But the other side of the coin is that there is no more committed, lionhearted, or determined a player in the game today, and when push comes to shove - as it will on Sunday - expect Captain Fantastic to take centre stage.
- Well done to the gallant band of Waterford men who gave such a lionhearted display of hurling on Sunday last in Thurles.
- He picked up a double injury to his neck and leg, but like the lionhearted player he is, he played on.
- More example sentences
- Superstitious supporters are digging around in dusty cupboards and drawers looking for charms that could give our lionhearts a competitive edge as they prepare to face the flamboyant South Americans.
- Half of Twickenham - and much of the wider game - saluted the old lionheart on his retirement.
- He is no ball-winner, no lionheart in the tackle, but he covers space and channels back as part of his duty.