- (Of an actor or singer) move the lips silently in synchronization with a pre-recorded soundtrack: they lip-synched toBohemian Rhapsody [with object]: he looked into the camera and lip-synched the lyrics to ‘I’ve Got a Love’More example sentences
- Instead, his actors lip-synch to the prerecorded music.
- In high school he put on a most peculiar theatrical production: a musical version of David Lynch's Blue Velvet with actors lip-synching to the songs of Marianne Faithful.
- Very few Indian actors can sing and dance, everything is lip-synced with backup singers and there is a choreographer to take care of all the dance routines.
More definitions of lip-syncDefinition of lip-sync in:
- The US English dictionary